Family Promise of Morris County depends on the generosity of individuals, community groups, congregations and businesses to continue our mission of helping children and their families facing homelessness. Every day, Family Promise connects people who want to help with opportunities to make a difference. Our volunteers give their time, talent and treasure in so many ways to help families in our community become self-sufficient once again. To become a volunteer click here.
You don’t need to donate thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours of service to make a real difference. In fact, a few hours of volunteering can work wonders! Basic kindness can change bad days to good ones and can even transform lives.
Family Promise offers many meaningful opportunities for volunteers. Here are some ways you can help us. We hope you’ll join our network of caring friends!
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Mask Making – needed for staff, clients and volunteers out in community
- We are in need of PPE, especially cloth masks for both our staff and clients to wear when engaging. We are also hoping to have enough donated that we can send to our volunteers and community members to help ensure their protection as well.
- Kindness Cardboard – Use this eco-friendly up-cycling of your cardboard to create messages of hope and support!
- Much like Kindness Rocks, Kindness Cardboard is the painting/decorating of cardboard (the stuff usually building up for recycling night each week as the increase in shipped goods continues). This up-cycling of cardboard enables volunteers to create messages of hope and community support that will be mailed to guests in our programs. Feel free to be creative, creating a simple greeting, a masterpiece or a craft to be shared. Check out some ideas here: https://www.pinterest.com/knw5170/cardboard-painting/
- Video Messaging – Show some love for Family Promise of Morris County and your community:
- Do you or someone you know love to create videos? There are many adults, children, families – heck entire communities – using social media and new ways to create and communicate, especially during our current circumstances. Want to share some love for Family Promise of Morris County and your community? You do?! Great! Send us your videos via email email@example.com or text to 973.978.9916 Feel free to tag @familypromisemorris on your Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and LinkedIn social media posts too.
Spread the word:
- Invite a speaker from Family Promise of Morris County to your community group or congregation to learn more about our families and programs
- Talk to your fellow community group members or congregants about opportunities for service
- Talk to your clergy about joining our network of Morris County congregations as a host site or support congregatio
- DIAD (Done in A Day) Activities include beautification of the Day Center or Our Promise Drop in Center – either outdoor or indoor maintenance of facilities and helping move families into their new homes are just two examples of great hands-on activities that have a big impact.
- Get involved at your church, synagogue or mosque when they’re hosting Family Promise families
- Hold drives for our wish list items
- Hold a fundraising event to benefit Family Promise of Morris County
- Help us plan a special event for our families
- Financially – keeping doors open and lights on is always valuable, for our locations and for our newly housed families.
- Items from our wish list – enables current and past guests to receive these much needed necessities
- Your services – your talents and expertise would be of great benefit!
- Connect us to your corporate foundation or community relations team