THE KEYS TO HOUSING PROGRAM MAKES SAFE AFFORDABLE HOUSING A WIN-WIN SITUATION FOR TENANTS & LANDLORDS
Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
— Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
We were recently awarded new housing vouchers from the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) which cover the cost of rent for 15 prospective tenants but not the initial one time costs of $3,000 for additional expenses. The tenants may need any or all of the following:
Realtor fees • Moving costs • Storage • Clean up/Set up • Inspections/compliance • Apartment Repairs • Transportation • Furniture and household items • Case Management and Housing Stabilization: Tenants preparing for housing have direct contact with our Licensed Social Workers and Housing Resource Program Coordinator
By providing rental assistance, valuable cost-effective incentives to landlords, and education to tenants, we help bridge the gap between the cost of living in Morris County and the reality of a new home!
THE KEYS TO HOUSING PROGRAM OBJECTIVES SERVE A SPECTRUM OF NEEDS ON THE PATH TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY. Prioritizing the immediate need of stable housing is a critical milestone in achieving the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency.
• Encourage landlords to rent to the families and individuals we serve
• Educate tenants and landlords on their rights
• Improved property maintenance and curb-appeal
• Locate, obtain, and retain permanent housing for homeless families and individuals
• Prevent evictions
THIS UNIQUE FAMILY PROMISE OF MORRIS COUNTY PROGRAM implements the strategy of employing licensed social workers to help clients build a sustainable community by addressing housing, child care, job training, employment, financial literacy, physical and mental health, and legal issues. Activities include:
• Gathering/analyzing tenant information
• Organizing and leading housing searches
• Developing/maintaining positive relationships with landlords who own or manage safe, well maintained,affordable housing
• Assisting landlords with expenses related to inspections
• In-kind incentives to landlords upon lease signing and renewal
• Providing our Financial Literacy and Good Neighbor trainings