Fullfilling the Promise
A campaign to address to growing needs of our most vulnerable populations.
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on everyone, but it has been especially devastating to the most vulnerable populations served by Family Promise. With the near-historic unemployment, housing instability, and food insecurity, we have adjusted our programs to meet the growing demand. Our direct response to the COVID-19 outbreak and the subsequent economic fallout, Family Promise is engaged in a community-wide effort to house unsheltered households as quickly as possible and prevent others from losing their homes to protect their health and safety. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Family Promise has seen a substantial increase in demand for our programs and services:
- 60% increase for Outreach services
- 47% increase in Housing service
- New demographics who were previously self sufficient now seeking assistance
- Increase in ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Restrained Employed) families and individuals struggling to pay bills, rent, grocery, etc. during the duration of COVID health crisis.
Fulfilling the Promise by:
- Providing immediate, onsite services at eviction court with Navigating Hope Mobile Unit
- Offering eviction prevention services to the community and increasing services as demand grows after the eviction moratorium is lifted
- Established a unique partnership with the Morris County Housing Authority to increase access to housing
- Provided permanent housing for 25 unsheltered guests since the start of the pandemic with 25 more slated to be housed
Each day this extended family of ours is reminded of their dignity, self-determination and are empowered to escape terrible situations and hardships in order to move forward in achieving their goals.
Donations of all sizes are greatly appreciated and directly support the homeless families and individuals of Morris County, NJ.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Family Promise of Morris County is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, EIN 52-1572014. All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law, and you will receive a letter acknowledging the donation.
Make a Difference Now!
On the Payment Page reached through the link above, please type any additional information that you would like to provide, including the following:
- Designation of your gift/payment for a specific purpose
- Dedication of your gift in honor or in memory of someone and request and acknowledgement to be sent to them
- Let us know how you heard about us
Consider leaving a legacy of providing safe, permeant housing to the most vulnerable in your community. If interested in becoming a part of our Legacy Giving Family, please contact Dominique Tornabe, Chief Impact Officer at email@example.com
Multiply the Impact of Your Gift
Your company may match employee contributions to Family Promise of Morris County. Here’s how to take part:
- Contact your company’s human resources department and ask if they match employee gifts.
- Print or request your company’s matching gift form or submit via your workplace system. Review the program guidelines to see whether Family Promise of Morris County is eligible.
- Mail completed form to Family Promise of Morris County. We’ll handle the rest, and the company will send its matching donation directly to us.
Donations by Check
Please send check or money order only (no cash) to:
Family Promise of Morris County
P.O. Box 1494
Morristown, NJ 07962