top of page

What to do if You're Experiencing Housing Insecurity

Updated: Mar 9, 2022

Losing your home or not having a safe space to sleep at night can be overwhelming. If you or someone you know is experiencing housing insecurity or homelessness, Family Promise of Morris County is here to help.

Our social work staff can connect you to vital resources and support you through your housing journey. Below, we have included a few possible steps to take in this situation.

  1. Contact NJ 211 by dialing 2-1-1 or texting your zip code to 898-211, and ask to be placed on the shelter and voucher waiting lists for your county.

  2. If you’re able, call the Office of Temporary Assistance for your county and ask to apply for benefits. Those in Morris County can call 973-829-8264.

  3. Gather as many personal ID documents as you can (birth certificate, social security card, license, etc.).

  4. Make an appointment with us by calling 973-644-0100. We'll connect you to the right resources!

If you find yourself in a situation of homelessness, don't lose hope! Our social work staff can provide case management and support you through your housing process.

57 views0 comments


bottom of page